Any meteorologist will tell you that it’s tough to predict the weather, no matter how advanced the equipment. The same can be said for predicting what’s going to be popular in technology in the coming weeks, months or years. With technology advancing so rapidly and popular products constantly receiving upgrades and new version releases, it could be that the general public has not yet been introduced to whatever the next big thing may be.
Yet one thing is for sure: If you want to get your hands on what’s popular in 2012, you’re going to want to be familiar with websites that help you find the best deals on the newest technologies (Offers.com is a good one). And one other thing is a sure bet: You’re going to want to be paying attention, since whatever’s popular is sure to change on a pretty frequent basis. Just the best deals in packages in http://www.direct.tv also changes almost immediately, it won’t be long until the technological must-have of today is the has-been of tomorrow.
With that being said, here are some predictions on what 2012 might hold:
- iPads will continue to be big sellers, perhaps even reaching the 20 million sold mark.
- Flash drives will become less expensive and more accessible, allowing computers to become even smaller, thinner and faster.
- Smartphones like the iPhone and Blackberry will dominate the market.
- The amount of television channels available in HD will skyrocket.
- Touch-screen technology will continue to grow and expand.
In addition to these predictions, there are others out there that may seem far-fetched but could very easily become a reality within a year. Would we really be surprised to see invisible tanks or personal robots?